Monday, October 3, 2016

Another strange turn of events

We had another bizarre turn of events today.  Callie spent the weekend at the vet's, while Annabelle had to go today to have her infected bite drained.  We dropped Annabelle off at Vet A's office early this morning, then drove to Vet B's expecting to hear that Callie had died.

Surprise, surprise!  Callie made it through the weekend!  She's still not 100%, but she is eating and meowing and wanting to go home.  Vet B even let me see her and hold her for a few minutes.  I was told to check back every day until the vet was ready to let her go home.  It was wonderful to see her and rub her and tell her how much I loved her.  Then I reluctantly handed her back and drove home to wait for news about Annabelle.

As it turns out, my Annabelle didn't have an infection at all.  Oh sure, she had a bit of stuff in that knot on her head, but not enough to be causing all the trouble that it was causing her.  No, her woes were being caused by a TUMOR!!!  That would explain why it didn't respond to antibiotics and why Annabelle hadn't been putting on weight despite the new diet.  This makes me wonder now if her kidney woes weren't another symptom of this.

Anyway, Annabelle has cancer...or she had it.  Dr. Kyle said it was best to just put her to sleep, so I opted to do that.  Since she had both cancer and kidney failure it just seemed pointless to try and fight the inevitable.

RIP, my bratty little baby girl.  Mama loves you very much.
I'll miss my cranky little girl, but when there's death, there's usually another life somewhere.  In this case the other life happens to be at the foot of my bed, in the form of Callie's little friend Lily.  Lily has an attitude that is surprisingly like Annabelle's.
I just pray I'll have more than four years with Lily.

Best wishes, 
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment