Friday, September 23, 2016

Kitten Watch 2016, part 1

Curtain up on what may be a frustrating and ultimately futile wait.  I have no guarantees that Callie is pregnant, though she certainly does show the classic symptoms.  Her belly is big, her nipples are losing hair, her breathing is heavy, and I could've sworn I saw fluid coming from her vulva last night.  Okay, that's TMI, but it's what it looked like to me.  Fourteen hours have passed and her symptoms haven't changed much.  Callie is still hungry and suspicious of my presence around her, and her breathing has calmed some but it's still heavy.  She won't let me peep under the hood to make any assessments of her condition, so I'm just going to leave her to her devices and pray all goes well.  We've had pregnant cats before and they all had their babies on their own, no difficulties or complications.  If my guess is correct and Lily truly is Callie's daughter then Callie should have no problems.

Since the last post had no pictures, here's a random picture of Lily.  She's a brown torbie and she's adorable.
Stay tuned for updates!

Yours truly,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment